The Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) is the aerial warfare branch of the Bangladesh Armed Forces. It has a proud history of defending the nation’s sovereignty and participating in various peacekeeping missions around the world. The BAF offers a rewarding career for those who want to serve the country with honor and dignity.
The BAF has different ranks for officers and other ranks (JCOs and airmen). The officers’ ranks range from Officer Cadet to Air Chief Marshal, while the other ranks range from Aircraftsman to Master Warrant Officer. The rank insignia is based on the British Royal Air Force model, with some modifications.
The BAF pays its personnel according to their rank, seniority, and qualification. The salary also includes various allowances and benefits, such as flying pay, technical pay, special duty pay, house rent allowance, medical allowance, ration allowance, uniform allowance, etc. The salary is revised periodically by the government to keep up with the inflation and living standards.
Bangladesh Air Force Rank Wise Salary 2023″
According to the Salary information provider Website Glassdoor, The average annual salary for Biman bahini ranks in Dhaka, Bangladesh is as follows:
|Air Chief Marshal||17,280,000|
|Air Vice Marshal||12,000,000|
|Master Warrant Officer||240,000|
These figures are only estimates and may vary depending on the individual’s experience, performance, and location.
Bangladesh Air Force job allowances and benefits
The Bangladesh Air Force job allowances and benefits are as follows:
- Flying pay: This is an additional pay for pilots and aircrew who perform flying duties. The amount varies depending on the rank and flying hours of the personnel.
- Technical pay: This is additional pay for technical officers and airmen who perform technical duties related to aircraft maintenance, engineering, electronics, etc. The amount varies depending on the rank and qualification of the personnel.
- Special duty pay: This is additional pay for personnel who perform special duties that require extra skills, training, or risk. For example, commandos, paratroopers, instructors, etc. The amount varies depending on the rank and nature of the duty.
- House rent allowance: This is an allowance for personnel who do not get free furnished accommodation from the Air Force. The amount varies depending on the rank and location of the personnel. The rate is 65% of the basic salary for the Dhaka city corporation area, 55% for other divisional city corporation areas, and 50% for district-based areas.
- Medical allowance: This is an allowance for personnel to cover their medical expenses. The amount is 10% of the basic salary for officers and Tk 500 for other ranks per month.
- Ration allowance: This is an allowance for personnel to cover their food expenses. The amount varies depending on the rank and marital status of the personnel. For example, an officer cadet gets Tk 3000 per month, while a married wing commander gets Tk 6000 per month.
- Uniform allowance: This is an allowance for personnel to cover their uniform expenses. The amount varies depending on the rank and branch of the personnel. For example, a flying officer gets Tk 2000 per year, while a group captain gets Tk 4000 per year.
- Other benefits: These include free family health care, travel the world on training and visit, higher education for self and children, free gym and swimming pool, UN mission, free family air travel between bases, a car loan for officers, DOHS plot for officers, etc.