If you are interested in working at an airport and helping people travel, you may want to consider becoming a ground service assistant. A ground service assistant is a person who works at an airport and provides various services to passengers and aircraft, such as checking in, boarding, baggage handling, ramp operations, catering, cleaning, etc. Ground service assistants are also known as ground staff, ground crew, or ground handling agents.
But how much do ground service assistants make in Bangladesh? What are the benefits and challenges of working as a ground service assistant in Bangladesh? What are the requirements to become a ground service assistant in Bangladesh? In this article, we will answer these questions and more.
Ground Service Assistant Salary in Bangladesh 2023
The average salary for a customer service executive at US-Bangla Airlines, one of the leading airlines in Bangladesh, is BDT 324,000 per year. This is equivalent to about $3,800 USD per year. However, the ground staff salary may vary depending on the experience, skills, qualifications, and location of the employee.
For comparison, the average salary for a ground service assistant in the United States is $28,000 USD per year, which is about seven times higher than in Bangladesh. However, the cost of living in Bangladesh is also much lower than in the United States. , the consumer price index (CPI) in Bangladesh is 35.69, while the CPI in the United States is 100. This means that the prices of goods and services are about 64% lower in Bangladesh than in the United States.
Airport ground service assistant job description
In The Paragraph, you will Get Knowledge AboutAirport ground service assistant job descriptions such as:
- Welcoming the passengers when they enter the airport.
- Checking the number of baggage the passenger has.
- Selling airplane tickets.
- Making reservations as and when requested.
- Ensuring the safety and comfort of all the passengers.
- Handling luggage, directing passengers, coordinating with other airlines and airport personnel, and ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the airline.
- Providing customers with information about their flight status and delays, requesting gate changes as needed, or helping them rebook flights if necessary.
- Transporting passengers with mobility limitations to, from, and around the airport.
- Assisting passengers as needed through arrival and check-in processes including support for passengers with special needs such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers, etc.
Benefits of Working as a Ground Service Assistant in Bangladesh
Some of the benefits of working as a ground service assistant in Bangladesh are:
- You can enjoy working in a dynamic and diverse environment with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- You can gain valuable experience and skills in the aviation industry and customer service.
- You can travel to different destinations and explore new places.
- You can get discounts on air tickets and other travel-related services.
Challenges of Working as a Ground Service Assistant in Bangladesh
Some of the challenges of working as a ground service assistant in Bangladesh are:
- You may have to work long and irregular hours, including weekends and holidays.
- You may have to deal with stressful situations, such as delays, cancellations, emergencies, complaints, etc.
- You may have to cope with changing weather conditions, noise, and pollution.
- You may have to follow strict rules and regulations regarding safety and security.
Requirements to Become a Ground Service Assistant in Bangladesh
To become a ground service assistant in Bangladesh, you may need to meet the following requirements:
- You should have a minimum of SSC or HSC or equivalent education level.
- You should have good communication skills in English and Bengali.
- You should have a pleasant personality and a customer-oriented attitude.
- You should be physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
- You should be willing to work in shifts and under pressure.
You may also need to pass an interview and a medical test before getting hired by an airline or an airport authority. You may also need to undergo some training courses to learn about the procedures and standards of ground service operations.
Ground service assistants are essential workers in the aviation industry who provide various services to passengers and aircraft. The average salary of a ground service assistant in Bangladesh is BDT 324,000 per year, which is equivalent to about $3,800 USD per year. However, the ground service agent salary may vary depending on the experience, skills, qualifications, and location of the employee. Working as a ground service assistant in Bangladesh has its benefits and challenges. To become a ground service assistant in Bangladesh, you may need to meet some educational, skill-based, physical, and personal requirements.
If you are interested in working as a ground service assistant in Bangladesh, you may want to apply for jobs at US-Bangla Airlines or other airlines that operate in Bangladesh. You may also want to check out other related jobs such as cabin crew or flight operations officer. We hope this article has given you some useful information about working as a ground service assistant in Bangladesh. Good luck with your career!