Bill Belichick is a name that is synonymous with success in the NFL. He is the head coach of the New England Patriots, a team that he has led to six Super Bowl titles and 11 AFC championships. He is widely regarded as the greatest coach in the history of the league, and one of the best in all of sports.
But how much does Belichick earn for his coaching prowess? How does his salary compare to other coaches in the NFL and other sports? What is his net worth and how does he spend it? And what do we know about his personal life and family?
In this article, we will answer these questions and more, using the latest information available as of 2023. We will also provide 10 most asked questions and answers about Belichick at the end of the article.
Bill Belichick’s Salary
Belichick is the highest-paid coach in the US, earning a whopping $20 million per year. This makes him the highest-paid coach in the NFL, ahead of Pete Carroll ($15 million), Sean McVay ($14 million), Mike Tomlin ($12.5 million), Andy Reid ($12 million), and John Harbaugh ($12 million).
Belichick’s salary is not publicly disclosed, as NFL coaches’ contracts are not widely reported like player salaries. However, ProFootballTalk reported that Belichick signed a contract extension with the Patriots in 2020 that would pay him over $12 million per year. It is possible that Belichick received a raise after leading the Patriots to their sixth Super Bowl title in 2019.
Belichick’s salary is also higher than any coach in other sports, including basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, and college sports. The closest competitor is Gregg Popovich, the head coach of the San Antonio Spurs, who earns $13 million per year. The highest-paid coach in college sports is Nick Saban, the head coach of Alabama football, who earns $11.8 million per year.
Bill Belichick’s Net Worth
According to Net Worth Expert , Belichick has an approximate net worth of $60 million as of 2023. This is based on his salary, endorsements, investments, and charity work.
Belichick has been coaching in the NFL for over four decades, starting as an assistant coach for the Baltimore Colts in 1975. He has worked for several teams, including the Detroit Lions, Denver Broncos, New York Giants, Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, and New England Patriots. He has won eight Super Bowls in total, six as a head coach and two as a defensive coordinator for the Giants.
Belichick has also earned money from endorsements and sponsorships. He shot a commercial for Subway, an American fast-food franchise, in 2020. He has also appeared in ads for Visa, Dunkin’ Donuts, SiriusXM Radio, and Bose headphones.
Belichick has invested in real estate and owns several properties in Massachusetts. He bought land worth $70,000 in Sconset and built three houses for his family in 1979. He also bought a $4.6 million 5-bedroom house in Nantucket, which was among the assets given to his ex-wife Debby Clarke after their divorce in 2006. In 2014, he purchased a Shell Street property worth $870,000 and a 2-bedroom house for $2.45 million.
Belichick is also involved in charity work and philanthropy. He is the founder of the Bill Belichick Foundation, which aims to provide coaching, mentorship, and financial support to individuals, communities, and organizations. He is also involved in the rehabilitation of prisoners and often pays visits with former NFL player Jim Brown, founder of Amer-I-Can; a foundation that supports prisoners.
Bill Belichick’s Personal Life
Belichick was born on April 16, 1952, in Nashville, Tennessee. His father was Steve Belichick, a former football player and coach who worked as a scout for the Naval Academy for 33 years. His mother was Jeannette Munn Belichick, who died in 2020 at the age of 98.
Belichick attended Annapolis High School in Maryland and played football and lacrosse. He graduated from Wesleyan University in Connecticut with a degree in economics in 1975. He then started his coaching career as an assistant for the Colts.
Belichick married Debby Clarke in 1977 and they had three children: Amanda, Stephen, and Brian. All three followed their father’s footsteps and became coaches. Amanda is the head coach of Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team; Stephen is the outside linebackers coach for the Patriots; and Brian is the safeties coach for the Patriots.
Belichick and Clarke divorced in 2006 after 29 years of marriage. Belichick then dated Sharon Shenocca, a former receptionist for the Giants, until 2007. He is currently in a relationship with Linda Holliday, a former model and TV personality who runs the Bill Belichick Foundation.
Belichick is known for his stoic and serious demeanor on the field and in press conferences. He rarely smiles or shows emotion, and often gives short and vague answers to reporters. He is also notorious for his hooded sweatshirts, which he cuts off at the sleeves. He has a trademark phrase, “Do your job”, which he uses to motivate his players and staff.
Belichick is also an avid reader and historian. He has a large collection of books on military history, leadership, and strategy. He has also visited historical sites and museums around the world, including Normandy, Gettysburg, Pearl Harbor, and Auschwitz.
Belichick is a fan of other sports as well. He is friends with several coaches and athletes from different fields, such as Tony La Russa, Doc Rivers, David Ortiz, Jon Bon Jovi, and Donald Trump. He also enjoys playing golf, fishing, boating, and skiing.
Bill Belichick is one of the most successful and respected coaches in the history of sports. He has earned a fortune from his coaching career, endorsements, investments, and charity work. He has a net worth of $60 million and a salary of $20 million per year. He has a personal life that is both private and public, with a long-term partner, three children, and many friends and interests.
Belichick is not only a coach, but also a leader, a mentor, a strategist, a historian, and a legend. He has left an indelible mark on the NFL and the world of sports.
Most Asked Questions and Answers About Bill Belichick
- How many Super Bowls has Bill Belichick won?
- Belichick has won eight Super Bowls in total: six as the head coach of the Patriots (2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, 2017, 2019) and two as the defensive coordinator of the Giants (1987, 1991).
- How old is Bill Belichick?
- Belichick is 70 years old as of 2023. He was born on April 16, 1952.
- Who is Bill Belichick’s girlfriend?
- Belichick’s girlfriend is Linda Holliday, a former model and TV personality who runs the Bill Belichick Foundation. They have been dating since 2007.
- Who is Bill Belichick’s ex-wife?
- Belichick’s ex-wife is Debby Clarke, whom he married in 1977 and divorced in 2006. They have three children together: Amanda, Stephen, and Brian.
- Who are Bill Belichick’s children?
- Belichick’s children are Amanda, Stephen, and Brian. All three are coaches: Amanda is the head coach of Holy Cross women’s lacrosse team; Stephen is the outside linebackers coach for the Patriots; and Brian is the safeties coach for the Patriots.
- What is Bill Belichick’s net worth?
- According to Celebrity Net Worth, Belichick’s net worth is $60 million as of 2023.
- What is Bill Belichick’s salary?
- According to Sportico, Belichick’s salary is $20 million per year as of 2023.
- What books does Bill Belichick read?
- Belichick reads books on military history, leadership, and strategy. Some of his favorite books are The Art of War by Sun Tzu; The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman; Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin; The Education of a Coach by David Halberstam; and Good to Great by Jim Collins.
- What are Bill Belichick’s hobbies?
- Belichick enjoys playing golf, fishing, boating, skiing, reading, visiting historical sites and museums, and watching other sports.
- What are Bill Belichick’s trademarks?
- Belichick’s trademarks are his hooded sweatshirts that he cuts off at the sleeves; his stoic and serious demeanor on the field and in press conferences; his short and vague answers to reporters; his phrase “Do your job”; and his coaching success with the Patriots.