Chartered accountants are professionals who provide financial services to individuals, businesses, and organizations. They are responsible for preparing and auditing financial statements, tax returns, budgets, and other reports. They also advise clients on financial matters, such as investments, mergers, acquisitions, and risk management.
Chartered accountants in Bangladesh typically earn a competitive salary ranging from 2.5 lakh to 10 lakh BDT ($3,000 to $12,000 USD) per year, depending on their experience and qualifications. The average monthly salary for a Chartered Accountant in Bangladesh is around 23,600 BDT, with salaries ranging from 10,800 BDT to 37,500 BDT. The average salary for Chartered Accountant in Bangladesh is 2,262,915 BDT per year, with the most typical earning being 741,592 BDT.
Chartered Accountant Salary in 2023
The salary of a chartered accountant in Bangladesh may vary based on several factors, such as:
- Location: The salary may differ depending on the city or region where the chartered accountant works. For example, the average salary for a chartered accountant in Dhaka is 1.2 million BDT per year, while the average salary for a chartered accountant in Chittagong is 900,000 BDT per year.
- Experience: The salary may increase with the level of experience and expertise of the chartered accountant. For example, the average salary for an entry-level chartered accountant (0-2 years of experience) is 250,000 BDT per year, while the average salary for an experienced chartered accountant (10+ years of experience) is 3.5 million BDT per year.
- Skills: The salary may also depend on the ñlskills and knowledge of the chartered accountant. For example, some of the skills that can boost the salary of a chartered accountant are financial analysis, financial reporting, auditing, taxation, accounting software, and business administration.
- Employer: The salary may also vary depending on the type and size of the employer. For example, some of the employers that pay high salaries to chartered accountants are multinational corporations, banks, accounting firms, government agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
Chartered accountants are highly sought-after professionals in Bangladesh who can earn a lucrative salary based on their qualifications and experience. The demand for chartered accountants is expected to grow in the future as the economy and business sector of Bangladesh expand and diversify. Therefore, pursuing a career as a chartered accountant can be a rewarding choice for anyone who has an interest and aptitude for finance and accounting.
Most Asked Questions About Chartered Accountant Salary in Bangladesh
- How do I become a chartered accountant in Bangladesh? To become a chartered accountant in Bangladesh, you need to complete a four-year bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field from a recognized university. Then you need to pass the examinations conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB), which consist of three levels: Knowledge Level (12 papers), Application Level (11 papers), and Advanced Level (7 papers). You also need to complete three years of practical training under a qualified chartered accountant during or after your studies.
- How much does it cost to study chartered accountancy in Bangladesh? The cost of studying chartered accountancy in Bangladesh may vary depending on the university and the ICAB fees. However, an approximate estimate of the total cost is around 400,000 BDT ($4,700 USD), which includes tuition fees, examination fees, registration fees, membership fees, and training fees3.
- What are the benefits of being a chartered accountant in Bangladesh? Some of the benefits of being a chartered accountant in Bangladesh are:
- You can work in various sectors and industries that require financial expertise
- You can have a high level of professional recognition and credibility
- You can have access to global opportunities and networks through ICAB’s affiliation with international accounting bodies
- You can have a flexible and dynamic career path with opportunities for advancement and specialization
- You can have a positive impact on society by contributing to economic development and social welfare
- What are the challenges of being a chartered accountant in Bangladesh? Some of the challenges of being a chartered accountant in Bangladesh are:
- You have to face a high level of competition and pressure in the job market
- You have to cope with the changing regulations and standards of accounting and auditing
- You have to deal with the ethical dilemmas and risks involved in financial decision-making
- You have to balance your work and personal life as the job can be demanding and stressful
- What are the best universities for studying chartered accountancy in Bangladesh? Some of the best universities for studying chartered accountancy in Bangladesh are:
- University of Dhaka
- University of Chittagong
- Jahangirnagar University
- North South University
- BRAC University
- What are the best employers for chartered accountants in Bangladesh? Some of the best employers for chartered accountants in Bangladesh are:
- Standard Chartered Bank
- What are the best skills for chartered accountants in Bangladesh? Some of the best skills for chartered accountants in Bangladesh are:
- Financial analysis
- Financial reporting
- Accounting software
- Business administration
- Critical thinking
- What are the best career paths for chartered accountants in Bangladesh? Some of the best career paths for chartered accountants in Bangladesh are:
- Financial manager: A financial manager oversees the financial activities and operations of an organization, such as budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and planning.
- Auditor: An auditor examines and verifies the financial records and statements of an organization or an individual to ensure their accuracy and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Tax consultant: A tax consultant advises clients on tax-related matters, such as filing returns, minimizing liabilities, and maximizing deductions.
- Accounting teacher: An accounting teacher educates students on the principles and practices of accounting and prepares them for professional examinations and careers.
- Entrepreneur: An entrepreneur uses their financial knowledge and skills to start and run their own business venture.
- How can I increase my salary as a chartered accountant in Bangladesh? Some of the ways to increase your salary as a chartered accountant in Bangladesh are:
- Gain more experience and expertise in your field
- Pursue further education and certification in accounting or related fields
- Develop your skills and knowledge in high-demand areas, such as financial technology, data analytics, and sustainability
- Negotiate your salary and benefits with your employer or client
- Seek new opportunities and challenges in different sectors and industries