CVS Health is one of the largest and most diversified healthcare companies in the United States, with over 300,000 employees and a wide range of services, including retail pharmacy, pharmacy benefits management, health insurance, and health care delivery. If you are interested in working for CVS Health or learning more about the company, this article will provide you with some useful information on topics such as:
- Who owns CVS Health and who is the CEO
- How much does the CEO and other employees make
- How to apply for a job at CVS Health and what are the requirements
- How much do CVS Health employees make a week and a month?
- How to become a CVS Health employee and what are the benefits
Who owns CVS Health and who is the CEO?
CVS Health is a publicly traded corporation that is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol CVS. The company has a market capitalization of about $100 billion as of October 2023. The largest shareholders of CVS Health are institutional investors, such as Vanguard Group, BlackRock, and State Street Corporation, which collectively own about 25% of the company’s shares. The company also has a board of directors that oversees its management and strategy.
The current CEO of CVS Health is Karen Lynch, who took over the role in February 2021. She is the first woman to lead the company and has more than 30 years of experience in the health care industry. She previously served as the president of Aetna, a health insurance provider that CVS Health acquired in 2018 for $69 billion. Lynch is responsible for driving the company’s vision of transforming health care and delivering better outcomes for customers and patients.
How much does the CEO and other employees make?
According to the company’s proxy statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Lynch received a total compensation of $21.3 million in 2022, which included a base salary of $1.5 million, a cash bonus of $3 million, stock awards of $12.4 million, stock options of $4.1 million, and other benefits of $0.4 million. Her compensation was nearly double that of her predecessor, Larry Merlo, who retired in 2021 after serving as the CEO for 10 years.
The average salary for CVS Health employees in 2023 is $45,310 per year, according to Zippia.com, a career website. However, this figure varies widely depending on the job title, location, experience level, and performance. For example, according to Glassdoor.com, another career website, the average salary for a pharmacy technician at CVS Health is $35,000 per year, while the average salary for a pharmacist is $123,000 per year. The average salary for a store manager is $53,000 per year, while the average salary for a shift supervisor is $35,000 per year.
How to apply for a job at CVS Health and what are the requirements?
If you are interested in working for CVS Health, you can visit its official website at jobs.cvshealth.com and browse through various opportunities in different career areas, such as pharmacy, retail, corporate, nursing, customer service, and more. You can also filter your search by location, job type, experience level, and keyword. Once you find a position that matches your qualifications and interests, you can click on the “Apply” button above the job description and create an account with your basic information. You will then need to upload your resume and answer some questions about your skills and availability.
Depending on the position you apply for, you may also need to complete some assessments or tests to evaluate your knowledge and abilities. For example, if you apply for a pharmacy technician role, you may need to take a math test or a typing test. If you apply for a customer service role, you may need to take a personality test or a situational judgment test. These assessments are designed to measure your fit for the job and help the hiring managers select the best candidates.
After you submit your application online, you will receive an email confirmation from CVS Health. You can also log into your account to check the status of your application at any time. If your application passes the initial screening process, you will be contacted by a recruiter or a hiring manager to schedule an interview. The interview may be conducted over the phone or in person at a CVS store or office location. The interview will typically last about 30 minutes and cover topics such as your work experience, education, motivation, goals, strengths, weaknesses, and scenarios related to the job.
If you perform well in the interview and impress the interviewer(s), you will receive an offer letter from CVS Health that outlines your salary, benefits, start date, and other details. You will need to accept or decline the offer within a specified time frame. Before you start working for CVS Health, you will also need to pass a background check and a drug test to verify your identity and eligibility. You will also need to complete some online or in-person training modules to learn about the company’s policies, procedures, and expectations.
How much do CVS Health employees make a week and a month?
The amount of money that CVS Health employees make a week and a month depends on their hourly rate or annual salary, as well as the number of hours they work and the frequency of their paychecks. For example, if an employee earns $15 per hour and works 40 hours per week, they will make $600 per week and $2,600 per month (assuming four weeks in a month). However, if an employee earns $50,000 per year and gets paid biweekly, they will make $1,923 per paycheck and $4,167 per month (assuming 26 paychecks in a year).
According to Indeed.com, the average hourly rate for CVS Health employees in 2023 is $18.97, which is equivalent to $758.80 per week and $3,275.47 per month (assuming 40 hours per week and four weeks in a month). However, this average rate may not reflect the actual earnings of individual employees, as some may work more or less hours, earn overtime pay or bonuses, or have deductions for taxes or benefits.
How to become a CVS Health employee and what are the benefits?
To become a CVS Health employee, you need to follow the steps outlined above: research the company, find a suitable job opening, apply online, complete the assessments, interview with the hiring managers, accept the offer letter, pass the background check and drug test, and complete the training. You also need to meet the minimum requirements for the position you are applying for, such as education level, certification, license, experience, skills, and availability.
As a CVS Health employee, you will enjoy a variety of benefits and well-being resources that suit your personal needs and goals. Some of the benefits that CVS Health offers include:
- Health insurance: You can choose from different plans that cover medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, mental health care, and more. You can also enroll in a health savings account (HSA) or a flexible spending account (FSA) to save money for your health care expenses.
- Retirement plan: You can participate in a 401(k) plan that allows you to save for your retirement with pre-tax or after-tax contributions. CVS Health will also match your contributions up to a certain percentage after you complete one year of service.
- Employee discount: You can get a 20% discount on CVS brand products and a 10% discount on other eligible items at CVS stores. You can also access discounts on travel, entertainment, fitness, education, and more through the company’s perks program.
- Paid time off: You can accrue paid time off (PTO) based on your length of service and use it for vacation, sick leave, personal days, or holidays. You can also carry over some unused PTO to the next year or cash it out under certain conditions.
- Employee assistance program: You can access free and confidential counseling, referrals, and resources for any personal or work-related issues that may affect your well-being. You can also get support for legal matters, financial planning, childcare, eldercare, adoption, and more.
- Education assistance: You can get reimbursed for tuition fees and other expenses related to your education or career development. You can also take advantage of online courses, webinars, coaching sessions, mentoring programs, and other learning opportunities offered by CVS Health.
- Recognition program: You can receive recognition and rewards for your performance, achievements, contributions, and behaviors that align with the company’s values and goals. You can also nominate your peers or managers for recognition and appreciation.
CVS Health is a leading health care company that offers rewarding career opportunities for people who want to make a difference in the lives of millions of customers and patients. Whether you are interested in working as a pharmacy technician, a pharmacist, a store manager, a customer service representative, or any other role at CVS Health, you need to know how to apply for a job at the company and what to expect from the hiring process. You also need to know how much you can earn as a CVS Health employee and what benefits you can enjoy as part of the team.
If you are ready to join CVS Health or want to learn more about the company, visit its official website at jobs.cvshealth.com and explore its various career areas, opportunities, and resources.
Q: How long does it take to get hired at CVS Health?
A: The hiring process at CVS Health may vary depending on the position you apply for, but it typically takes between two to four weeks from submitting your application online to receiving an offer letter. The process may include completing online assessments, phone interviews, in-person interviews, background checks, and drug tests.
A: The working hours at CVS Health depend on the role, location, and shift you are assigned to. Some CVS stores are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, while others have specific opening and closing times. Some employees work full-time, while others work part-time or on-call. You can check the working hours for the position you are interested in on the job description or ask the hiring manager during the interview.
Q: How do you get promoted at CVS Health?
A: CVS Health offers various opportunities for career advancement and development for its employees. You can get promoted at CVS Health by demonstrating your performance, achievements, contributions, and potential to take on more responsibilities and challenges. You can also seek feedback from your manager, peers, and mentors on how to improve your skills and competencies. You can also explore different career paths and roles within the company and apply for internal openings that match your qualifications and interests.
Q: What is the dress code at CVS Health?
A: The dress code at CVS Health varies depending on the role and location you work in. Generally, CVS Health expects its employees to dress professionally and appropriately for their work environment and customer interactions. For example, if you work as a pharmacy technician or a pharmacist, you may need to wear a white coat, a name badge, and a CVS logo shirt. If you work as a store manager or a customer service representative, you may need to wear a business casual attire, such as a polo shirt, khakis, or jeans. You can check the dress code for the position you are applying for on the job description or ask the hiring manager during the interview.
Q: How do you deal with difficult customers at CVS Health?
A: Dealing with difficult customers is part of the job at CVS Health, as you may encounter customers who are unhappy, angry, rude, or demanding. The company provides training and guidelines on how to handle customer complaints and issues effectively and professionally. Some of the tips on how to deal with difficult customers at CVS Health are:
- Listen actively and empathetically to the customer’s problem and acknowledge their feelings.
- Apologize sincerely and offer a solution that meets their needs and expectations.
- Explain the policies and procedures that apply to their situation and why they are in place.
- Escalate the issue to a supervisor or manager if you cannot resolve it yourself or if the customer requests it.
- Thank the customer for their patience and cooperation and follow up with them until the issue is resolved.
Q: What are some of the challenges of working at CVS Health?
A: Working at CVS Health can be challenging for various reasons, such as:
- The fast-paced and dynamic nature of the healthcare industry, which requires constant adaptation and innovation.
- The high volume and diversity of customers and patients, which requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The strict regulations and compliance standards that govern the health care sector, which require attention to detail and accuracy.
- The physical and mental demands of the job, which require stamina and resilience.
However, working at CVS Health can also be rewarding and fulfilling, as you can make a positive impact on people’s health and well-being.
Q: What are some of the perks of working at CVS Health?
A: Working at CVS Health comes with many perks and benefits, such as:
- A competitive compensation package that includes base pay, bonuses, incentives, stock options, and recognition programs.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, employee discount, paid time off, employee assistance program, education assistance, and more.
- A supportive and collaborative work culture that values diversity, inclusion,