David Muir Salary, Net Worth, Earning Career, Personal Life
David Muir is one of the most popular and influential journalists in the world. He is the anchor and managing editor of ABC World News Tonight, the co-anchor of 20/20, and the host of America Strong. He has been praised for his reporting on major global events, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 US presidential election, the Afghanistan withdrawal, and the climate crisis. He has also interviewed some of the most prominent figures in politics, entertainment, and sports, such as President Joe Biden, Pope Francis, Oprah Winfrey, and Tom Brady.
But how much does David Muir earn for his work? What is his net worth? How did he start his career in journalism? And what is his personal life like? In this article, we will answer these questions and more, based on the latest information available in 2023.
David Muir’s Salary
David Muir’s salary for all of his various ABC duties is $8 million per year. This makes him one of the highest-paid news anchors in the industry. He has been with ABC News since 2003, when he joined as the anchor of World News Now and World News This Morning. He gradually rose through the ranks, becoming the weekend anchor and primary substitute anchor for Diane Sawyer on World News Tonight in 2012. He eventually succeeded Sawyer as the anchor and managing editor of the broadcast in 2014. Since then, he has led World News Tonight to become the most-watched evening newscast in the United States.
David Muir’s Net Worth
David Muir’s net worth is estimated to be around $25 million as of 2023. This is a result of his long and successful career in journalism, as well as his investments and endorsements. He has received several awards and accolades for his work, including multiple Emmy Awards, Edward R. Murrow Awards, and Peabody Awards. He has also been named one of the most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2014 and one of the sexiest men alive by People magazine in 2015.
David Muir’s Earning Career
David Muir was born on November 8, 1973 in Syracuse, New York. He graduated magna cum laude from Ithaca College with a degree in journalism in 1995. He also studied at Georgetown University and the University of Salamanca in Spain. He began his career as an intern at WTVH-TV in Syracuse while he was still in high school. He later worked as an anchor and reporter at the same station from 1994 to 2000. He then moved to Boston, where he worked as an anchor and reporter at WCVB-TV from 2000 to 2003.
He joined ABC News in 2003 and has since covered some of the most important stories of our time. He has reported from various locations around the world, such as Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, North Korea, Cuba, Haiti, Nepal, Somalia, and Kenya. He has also covered natural disasters, such as Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Sandy, Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Maria, and the California wildfires. He has also moderated presidential debates and town halls with candidates from both parties.
David Muir’s Personal Life
David Muir is notoriously private about his personal life. He has never been married or had any children. He lives in New York City with his dog Axel, a golden retriever mix that he adopted from a shelter in 2012. He also owns a second home on Skaneateles Lake in New York that he bought for $7 million in 2019. He has said that it was a lifelong dream to own a historic home near his family who still live in Central New York.
David Muir’s sexuality has been a subject of speculation for many years. Some sources have claimed that he is gay and that he has been dating fellow ABC journalist Gio Benitez since 20153. However, neither Muir nor Benitez have ever confirmed or denied these rumors publicly. Benitez married another man named Tommy DiDario in 2016.
David Muir is one of the most respected and admired journalists in the world. He has a remarkable career that spans over two decades and a loyal fan base that tunes in to watch him every night. He has a generous salary that reflects his hard work and dedication to his craft. He has a substantial net worth that allows him to live comfortably and support causes that he cares about. He has a personal life that he keeps away from the spotlight and respects his privacy.
David Muir is an example of someone who has achieved success through passion, perseverance, and professionalism. He is an inspiration to many aspiring journalists and news lovers alike.
Most Asked Questions About David Muir
- How old is David Muir? David Muir is 49 years old as of 2023. He was born on November 8, 1973.
- How tall is David Muir? David Muir is 5 feet 10 inches (1.8 meters) tall.
- Where is David Muir from? David Muir is from Syracuse, New York. He grew up in the hamlet of Onondaga Hill, southwest of Syracuse.
- Where did David Muir go to college? David Muir went to Ithaca College, where he graduated magna cum laude with a degree in journalism in 1995. He also studied at Georgetown University and the University of Salamanca in Spain.
- What is David Muir’s ethnicity? David Muir is of American nationality and white ethnicity. He has Scottish, English, Irish, and German ancestry.
- What is David Muir’s religion? David Muir was raised in a Catholic family. He has not publicly stated his current religious affiliation or beliefs.
- Is David Muir married? David Muir is not married and has never been married. He has also never had any children.
- Is David Muir gay? David Muir’s sexuality is unknown and has been a subject of speculation for many years. Some sources have claimed that he is gay and that he has been dating fellow ABC journalist Gio Benitez since 2015. However, neither Muir nor Benitez have ever confirmed or denied these rumors publicly.