Denzel Washington is one of the most acclaimed and successful actors in Hollywood, with a career spanning over four decades and dozens of awards, including two Oscars, three Golden Globes, and a Tony. He is also one of the highest-paid actors in the industry, earning millions of dollars per movie. In this article, we will look at his salary for The Equalizer 3 movie, his net worth, his review of the film, and how much he earns per movie in general.
Salary for The Equalizer 3 Movie
The Equalizer 3 is the third and final installment of the action thriller franchise based on the 1980s TV series of the same name. Washington reprises his role as Robert McCall, a former CIA operative who uses his skills and resources to help people in need. The film is directed by Antoine Fuqua, who also helmed the previous two films.
Washington’s salary for The Equalizer 3 movie is a whopping $20 million, making him one of the few actors who can command such a high fee in Hollywood. This is consistent with his previous salaries for The Equalizer ($20 million) and The Equalizer 2 ($22 million), which were also reported by Insider.
Washington’s salary for The Equalizer 3 movie accounts for a large portion of the film’s budget, which is estimated to be around $60 million. The film is expected to make $30 to $40 million domestically over the Labor Day weekend, with previews starting on August 31. The film has the advantage of having extra business on Labor Day, no other big releases to compete with, and will play on premium format screens, including IMAX.
Washington’s net worth is estimated to be around $250 million as of 2022. This is based on his earnings from his movies, endorsements, and other ventures. Washington has been consistently ranked among the highest-paid actors in the world by Forbes, earning $64 million in 2018, $60 million in 2019, and $40 million in 2020.
Washington’s net worth reflects his impressive resume of films, which include critically acclaimed dramas such as Malcolm X, Philadelphia, Glory, Training Day, Fences, and Flight; as well as blockbuster hits such as American Gangster, Inside Man, Man on Fire, and The Equalizer franchise. Washington has also ventured into directing and producing films, such as Antwone Fisher, The Great Debaters, and Fences.
Washington is also known for his philanthropic work, supporting various causes and organizations such as Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund, Fisher House Foundation, and Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture. He has also donated millions of dollars to his alma mater Fordham University and other educational institutions.
Washington has expressed his satisfaction with The Equalizer 3 movie, saying that it was a fitting conclusion to the trilogy. He said that he enjoyed working with Fuqua again and that he was proud of the film’s message and impact.
“I think it’s a great way to end the story. It’s a very satisfying film. It’s not just about action and violence. It’s about justice and redemption. It’s about helping people who can’t help themselves. It’s about being a good citizen and a good human being,” he said in an interview with [MovieWeb].
Washington also praised his co-stars in the film, especially Ashton Sanders, who plays a young artist that McCall mentors and protects from a gang. He said that Sanders was a talented actor who brought a lot of depth and emotion to his role.
“He’s amazing. He’s one of the best young actors I’ve ever worked with. He has a natural gift. He can convey so much with just his eyes or his voice. He has a bright future ahead of him,” he said.
How Much He Earns Per Movie
Washington’s earnings per movie vary depending on the type and budget of the film, as well as his involvement as an actor, director, or producer. Washington typically earns between $15 million and $20 million per movie as an actor. However, he can also earn more if he negotiates a percentage of the film’s gross or net profits.
For example, Washington earned $40 million for American Gangster (2007), which included $20 million upfront and 20% of the film’s gross profits. He also earned $40 million for Safe House (2012), which included $20 million upfront and 15% of the film’s net profits.
Washington can also earn less if he chooses to work on smaller or independent films, such as Fences (2016), which he directed and produced, as well as starred in. He earned $15 million for Fences, which had a budget of only $24 million. However, he also received critical acclaim and an Oscar nomination for his performance.
Denzel Washington is one of the most respected and successful actors in Hollywood, with a net worth of $250 million and a salary of $20 million for The Equalizer 3 movie. He is also one of the most versatile and talented actors, who can deliver powerful performances in various genres and roles. He is also a generous and humble person, who uses his fame and fortune to support worthy causes and inspire others.
10 Most Asked Questions and Answers
Here are some of the most asked questions and answers about Denzel Washington and The Equalizer 3 movie:
- Q: When is The Equalizer 3 movie coming out?
- A: The Equalizer 3 movie is coming out on September 1, 2023 in the US and Canada, and on September 8, 2023 in the UK.
- Q: Who are the other cast members of The Equalizer 3 movie?
- A: The other cast members of The Equalizer 3 movie include Ashton Sanders, Pedro Pascal, Melissa Leo, Bill Pullman, Jonathan Scarfe, Sakina Jaffrey, Orson Bean, and Kazy Tauginas.
- Q: What is the plot of The Equalizer 3 movie?
- A: The plot of The Equalizer 3 movie follows Robert McCall as he faces his most personal and dangerous mission yet, when he learns that his former CIA colleague and friend Susan Plummer has been killed by a mysterious assassin. He teams up with a former agent named Dave York, who was presumed dead, to track down the killer and avenge Susan’s death. Along the way, he also helps a young artist named Miles Whittaker, who is being harassed by a gang.
- Q: Is The Equalizer 3 movie based on a book or a TV show?
- A: The Equalizer 3 movie is based on the 1980s TV series of the same name, which starred Edward Woodward as Robert McCall. The TV series was created by Michael Sloan and Richard Lindheim. The film franchise is also loosely inspired by the book series by Michael Sloan, which features Robert McCall as a former intelligence agent who becomes a vigilante.
- Q: How long is The Equalizer 3 movie?
- A: The Equalizer 3 movie is 121 minutes long.
- Q: Is The Equalizer 3 movie rated R or PG-13?
- A: The Equalizer 3 movie is rated R for strong violence, language, and some drug content.
- Q: How much did The Equalizer 3 movie cost to make?
- A: The Equalizer 3 movie cost around $60 million to make.
- Q: How much did The Equalizer 3 movie make at the box office?
- A: The Equalizer 3 movie has not been released yet, so the box office results are not available. However, based on the projections, it is expected to make $30 to $40 million domestically over the Labor Day weekend.
- Q: What are the reviews of The Equalizer 3 movie?
- A: The reviews of The Equalizer 3 movie are not available yet, as the film has not been screened for critics or audiences. However, based on the trailer and the previous films, it is expected to be a thrilling and satisfying action film that showcases Denzel Washington’s charisma and skills.
- Q: Will there be a sequel to The Equalizer 3 movie?
- A: There will not be a sequel to The Equalizer 3 movie, as it is intended to be the final chapter of the trilogy. However, there is a possibility of a spin-off or a reboot in the future.