Exxon Mobil Corporation is one of the world’s largest publicly traded oil and gas companies, with operations in more than 200 countries and territories. Exxon Mobil produces and sells crude oil, natural gas, petroleum products, petrochemicals, and power generation. The company also engages in exploration, development, and research activities to find and produce new energy sources.
If you are interested in working for Exxon Mobil, you may wonder what kind of salary, benefits, and requirements are involved. In this article, we will provide you with some information on these topics, based on the latest data available from various sources. We will also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about working for Exxon Mobil.
Exxon Mobil Employee Salary
According to Salary.com, the average annual salary for Exxon Mobil employees in the United States was $97,500 as of December 2022. This figure includes base salary, bonuses, equity awards, and other compensation. However, the actual salary may vary depending on the position, location, experience, education, and performance of the employee.
The highest-paid executive at Exxon Mobil was Darren Woods, the Chairman and CEO, who received a total compensation of $33.4 million in 2022. This amount included a base salary of $1.7 million, equity awards of $24.9 million, and other compensation of $378,868. Woods also received a 10% increase in his base salary for 2023, raising it to $1.9 million.
The lowest-paid employee at Exxon Mobil was the median employee, who received a total compensation of $171,582 in 2022. This amount included a base salary of $116,000, equity awards of $51,000, and other compensation of $4,582. The CEO pay ratio at Exxon Mobil was 210:1 in 2022, meaning that Woods earned 210 times more than the median employee.
Exxon Mobil CEO Salary
As mentioned above, Darren Woods was the highest-paid executive at Exxon Mobil in 2022, with a total compensation of $33.4 million. Woods has been the Chairman and CEO of Exxon Mobil since January 2017. He joined the company in 1992 as a planning analyst and held various positions in refining, supply, transportation, and chemicals before becoming the President of Exxon Mobil Refining & Supply Company in 2012. He was elected to the Board of Directors in 2016.
Woods’s pay package consisted of four main components: base salary, annual bonus, performance shares, and other compensation. The base salary was determined by the Compensation Committee of the Board based on market data and individual performance. The annual bonus was based on the company’s financial and operating results as well as individual contributions. The performance shares were granted based on the company’s relative total shareholder return compared to its peers over a three-year period. The other compensation included benefits such as retirement plans, health care plans, life insurance, personal security services, and tax reimbursements.
Woods’s pay package was designed to align his interests with those of the shareholders and to incentivize long-term sustainable decision-making. The Compensation Committee also considered the risks associated with climate change and energy transition when setting Woods’s pay goals and objectives.
How to Apply for a Job at Exxon Mobil
If you want to apply for a job at Exxon Mobil, you can visit their [careers website] and search for available opportunities by keyword or location. You can also create an account and upload your resume to receive personalized job alerts and recommendations. You can also follow Exxon Mobil on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to learn more about their culture and values.
Once you find a job that matches your qualifications and interests, you can submit your online application through their website. You may be asked to provide some information such as your contact details, education history, work experience, skills, certifications, and references. You may also be required to answer some screening questions or complete some assessments depending on the role.
After you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation from Exxon Mobil. You can check the status of your application by logging into your account or contacting their recruitment team. If your application is successful, you will be invited to participate in further steps of the hiring process such as phone interviews, video interviews, face-to-face interviews, or assessment centers. The hiring process may vary depending on the role, location, and business unit.
How Much Do Exxon Mobil Employees Make a Week and Month
The weekly and monthly pay of Exxon Mobil employees depends on their annual salary, which may vary depending on the position, location, experience, education, and performance of the employee. However, based on the average annual salary of $97,500 reported by Salary.com, we can estimate the weekly and monthly pay of Exxon Mobil employees as follows:
- Weekly pay: $97,500 / 52 weeks = $1,875
- Monthly pay: $97,500 / 12 months = $8,125
These figures are before taxes and deductions and do not include bonuses, equity awards, or other compensation.
How to Become an Exxon Mobil Employee
To become an Exxon Mobil employee, you need to meet the minimum requirements for the job you are applying for. These requirements may include education, experience, skills, certifications, or licenses. You also need to demonstrate your fit for the company’s culture and values, which are based on safety, integrity, excellence, respect, and teamwork.
Some of the common steps to become an Exxon Mobil employee are:
- Search for available jobs on their [careers website] or through other sources such as job boards or referrals.
- Submit your online application through their website or email.
- Complete any screening questions or assessments required for the role.
- Participate in phone interviews, video interviews, face-to-face interviews, or assessment centers with their recruitment team or hiring managers.
- Receive a job offer from Exxon Mobil if you are selected.
- Accept the job offer and complete any pre-employment checks such as background checks or drug tests.
- Start your onboarding and training program at Exxon Mobil.
Exxon Mobil Employee Benefits
Exxon Mobil offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees. Some of the benefits include:
- Retirement plans: Exxon Mobil provides a defined benefit pension plan and a defined contribution savings plan to help employees save for retirement. Employees can also participate in a retiree medical plan and a retiree life insurance plan.
- Health care plans: Exxon Mobil offers medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage to employees and their eligible dependents. Employees can also access health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, and employee assistance programs.
- Life insurance: Exxon Mobil provides basic life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance to employees at no cost. Employees can also purchase additional life insurance for themselves and their dependents.
- Disability benefits: Exxon Mobil provides short-term and long-term disability benefits to employees who are unable to work due to illness or injury.
- Paid time off: Exxon Mobil provides paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, personal leave, bereavement leave, and parental leave to employees. Employees can also request unpaid leaves of absence for personal or professional reasons.
- Education assistance: Exxon Mobil offers tuition reimbursement and scholarships to employees who want to pursue further education or training related to their jobs or careers. Employees can also access online learning resources and development programs.
- Employee recognition: Exxon Mobil rewards employees for their outstanding performance, innovation, and service through various recognition programs such as awards, bonuses, and stock options.
- Employee discounts: Exxon Mobil offers discounts on various products and services such as travel, entertainment, retail, and financial services to employees.
Exxon Mobil Corporation is one of the world’s largest oil and gas companies that offers a variety of career opportunities for people with different backgrounds, skills, and interests. Working for Exxon Mobil can provide you with a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a challenging and rewarding work environment. If you are interested in working for Exxon Mobil, you can apply online through their careers website or contact their recruitment team for more information.
Most Asked Questions and Answers About Working for Exxon Mobil
- What is the work culture like at Exxon Mobil?
- The work culture at Exxon Mobil is based on safety, integrity, excellence, respect, and teamwork. Employees are expected to uphold these values in everything they do and to support each other in achieving their goals. Exxon Mobil also promotes a culture of diversity, inclusion, and innovation that values different perspectives and ideas.
- How do you get hired at Exxon Mobil?
- To get hired at Exxon Mobil, you need to apply online through their careers website or email. You may also find available jobs through other sources such as job boards or referrals. You will then go through a series of interviews or assessments with their recruitment team or hiring managers. If you are selected, you will receive a job offer from Exxon Mobil that you can accept or decline.
- How long does it take to get hired at Exxon Mobil?
- The hiring process at Exxon Mobil may vary depending on the role, location, and business unit. However, according to some reviews on