Jerritt Elliott is one of the most successful and respected coaches in the history of college volleyball. He has been the head coach of the Texas Longhorns women’s volleyball team since 2001, leading them to two NCAA national championships, 14 Big 12 titles, and nine Final Four appearances. He has also won numerous awards, including the AVCA National Coach of the Year in 2012 and the Big 12 Coach of the Year nine times. But who is Jerritt Elliott, and how did he become the mastermind of the Texas volleyball program? In this article, we will explore his salary, net worth, earning career, education, partner, family, age, and bio, as well as some of the most asked questions about him.
Salary and Net Worth
Jerritt Elliott’s annual salary as of 2015 was $543,804. which increased to $557,500 in 2016 after he signed a contract extension with the University of Texas. His contract also includes performance-based incentives, such as bonuses for winning the Big 12, reaching the Final Four, or winning the national championship. His exact net worth is not known, but it is estimated to be in the millions, considering his long and successful coaching career.
Jerritt Elliott started his coaching career in high school and club volleyball teams in California, where he was also a standout player. He then became an assistant coach for the men’s volleyball team at Cal State Northridge in 1993, helping them reach the NCAA national championship. He moved to USC in 1995, where he served as an assistant coach for the women’s volleyball team for four years, and then as the interim head coach for two years. He led the Women of Troy to a Pac-10 title in 2000 and was named the AVCA Pacific Region Coach of the Year. He also coached the USA Junior National Team and the USA Volleyball A2 Team in 2001 and 2008, respectively.
In 2001, he was hired as the head coach of the Texas Longhorns women’s volleyball team, where he has been ever since. He has transformed the Texas program into a powerhouse, winning two national championships in 2012 and 2022, and reaching the national title match four times. He has also dominated the Big 12 conference, winning 14 titles and posting a winning percentage of .836. He has coached some of the best players in the country, such as Destinee Hooker, Haley Eckerman, Chiaka Ogbogu, Logan Eggleston, and Skylar Fields. He has also been recognized as one of the best coaches in the nation, winning the AVCA National Coach of the Year in 2012 and the AVCA Southwest Region Coach of the Year seven times.
Jerritt Elliott graduated from Palisades High School in Pacific Palisades, California, where he was a high school standout in volleyball. He was teammates with Olympic gold medalist Kent Steffes and led his high school team to an undefeated 36-0 record during his senior year. After high school, he played men’s volleyball at both Pepperdine from 1986-1988 and Hawai’i from 1989-1990 before graduating from Cal State Northridge in 1991 with a degree in kinesiology.
Partner and Family
Jerritt Elliott married Andrea Nucete-Elliott in 2018. His first wife was Washington State University two-time All-American volleyball player Sarah Silvernail, whom he married in 2004. He has two sons with her, Parker, born 2005, and Mack, born 2006, and a step-daughter, Kahle, born 1998.
Age and Bio
Jerritt Elliott was born on April 28, 1968, in Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, California. He is 55 years old as of 2023. He is an American citizen and belongs to the white ethnic group. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He is 6 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 200 pounds. He is a Christian and follows the Protestant denomination. He is a fan of the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Dodgers. He enjoys surfing, golfing, and spending time with his family.
Jerritt Elliott is a legendary coach who has made a lasting impact on the sport of volleyball. He has built a dynasty at Texas, where he has won two national titles and 14 conference titles. He has also developed some of the best players in the country, who have gone on to play professionally or represent the USA in international competitions. He has earned the respect and admiration of his peers, his players, and his fans. He is a role model for aspiring coaches and a leader for his community. He is Jerritt Elliott, the man behind the Texas volleyball dynasty.
Most Asked Questions and Answers
- Q: How many national championships has Jerritt Elliott won as a coach?
- A: Jerritt Elliott has won two national championships as a coach, both with Texas, in 2012 and 2022.
- Q: Who is Jerritt Elliott married to?
- A: Jerritt Elliott is married to Andrea Nucete-Elliott, whom he wed in 2018. His first wife was Sarah Silvernail, a former volleyball player at Washington State University.
- Q: How many children does Jerritt Elliott have?
- A: Jerritt Elliott has three children: two sons, Parker and Mack, and a step-daughter, Kahle.
- Q: Where did Jerritt Elliott go to college?
- A: Jerritt Elliott went to three different colleges: Pepperdine, Hawai’i, and Cal State Northridge. He graduated from Cal State Northridge in 1991 with a degree in kinesiology.
- Q: What is Jerritt Elliott’s salary?
- A: Jerritt Elliott’s salary as of 2016 was $557,500, according to public records. His contract also includes performance-based incentives, such as bonuses for winning the Big 12, reaching the Final Four, or winning the national championship.
- Q: How tall is Jerritt Elliott?
- A: Jerritt Elliott is 6 feet 4 inches tall.
- Q: What is Jerritt Elliott’s net worth?
- A: Jerritt Elliott’s net worth is not known, but it is estimated to be in the millions, considering his long and successful coaching career.
- Q: Where is Jerritt Elliott from?
- A: Jerritt Elliott is from Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, California. He was born there on April 28, 1968.
- Q: How long has Jerritt Elliott been coaching at Texas?
- A: Jerritt Elliott has been coaching at Texas since 2001. He is currently in his 23rd season as the head coach of the Longhorns.
- Q: Who are some of the best players that Jerritt Elliott has coached?
- A: Jerritt Elliott has coached some of the best players in the country, such as Destinee Hooker, Haley Eckerman, Chiaka Ogbogu, Logan Eggleston, and Skylar Fields. Many of them have gone on to play professionally or represent the USA in international competitions.