Nicki Minaj is one of the most successful and influential female rappers in the world. She has been dominating the music industry for over a decade with her chart-topping singles, albums, tours, collaborations, and endorsements. She has also ventured into acting, modeling, fashion, and business. But how much is she worth and how did she build her fortune? Here is everything you need to know about Nicki Minaj’s earning, salary, net worth, career, and personal life.
Nicki Minaj Earning, Salary And Net Worth
Minaj has a net worth of $150 million as of 2023. She makes most of her money from her music, which includes collaborations and features on tracks with other artists. She has sold over 100 million records worldwide and has won more than 100 awards, including six American Music Awards, 10 BET Awards, four Billboard Music Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards, and two People’s Choice Awards.
She also makes millions from her tours and live performances. Her Pinkprint Tour in 2015 made $13 million and was one of the highest-grossing tours that year. She has also performed at private events for celebrities like Floyd Mayweather and earned between $300,000 and $500,000 for each appearance.
She earned $12 million for appearing as a judge on American Idol in 2013. She has also been a voice actor for animated films like Ice Age: Continental Drift and The Angry Birds Movie 2.
She has also signed lucrative endorsement deals with brands like Pepsi, MAC Cosmetics, Adidas, H&M, and Mercedes-Benz. She has also launched her own perfume line called Pink Friday and her own clothing line with Kmart.
She is also a shareholder of the Tidal streaming service and has invested in other businesses like Myx Fusions, a wine company.
Minaj was born Onika Tanya Maraj in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago on December 8, 1982. She moved to Queens, New York with her mother when she was five years old. She attended Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts and wanted to become an actress. She worked at Red Lobster and other jobs to support herself but was fired for being rude to customers.
She started her rap career in 2004 by joining a group called The Hoodstars. She then released three mixtapes between 2007 and 2009: Playtime Is Over, Sucka Free, and Beam Me Up Scotty. She gained attention from Lil Wayne, who signed her to his label Young Money Entertainment in 2009.
She released her debut album Pink Friday in 2010, which debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 and spawned the hit singles Super Bass, Moment 4 Life, and Your Love. The album was certified triple platinum by the RIAA and earned her three Grammy nominations.
She followed up with her second album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded in 2012, which debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and featured the smash hits Starships, Pound the Alarm, and Anaconda. The album was certified platinum by the RIAA and earned her three more Grammy nominations.
She released her third album The Pinkprint in 2014, which debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 and featured the singles Pills N Potions, Only, Truffle Butter, and Feeling Myself. The album was certified double platinum by the RIAA and earned her two more Grammy nominations.
She released her fourth album Queen in 2018, which debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 and featured the singles Chun-Li, Bed, Barbie Dreams, and Good Form. The album was certified gold by the RIAA.
She released several standalone singles in 2019 and 2020, such as Megatron, Trollz (with 6ix9ine), Say So (remix with Doja Cat), Yikes, and WAP (with Cardi B). She also collaborated with artists like Ariana Grande, Drake, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, and Beyoncé.
She announced her retirement from music in September 2019 but later retracted it. She gave birth to her first child with her husband Kenneth Petty in October 2020. She returned to music in May 2021 with a re-release of her mixtape Beam Me Up Scotty and a new single called Seeing Green (with Drake and Lil Wayne).
She is currently working on her fifth studio album.
Minaj has been married to Kenneth Petty since October 2019. They have a son named Papa Bear, who was born in October 2020. Minaj has been very private about her family life and has not revealed her son’s real name or face to the public.
Minaj has been involved in several feuds and controversies throughout her career. She has had beefs with fellow rappers like Lil Kim, Remy Ma, Cardi B, and Miley Cyrus. She has also been criticized for her use of sexual imagery, cultural appropriation, and support of convicted sex offenders like her brother Jelani Maraj and her husband Kenneth Petty.
Minaj is known for her alter egos and personas, such as Roman Zolanski, Barbie, and The Harajuku Barbie. She is also known for her colorful wigs, costumes, and makeup. She has cited artists like Madonna, Lauryn Hill, Foxy Brown, and Lil Wayne as her influences.
Minaj is a philanthropist and activist who supports causes like education, HIV/AIDS awareness, women’s rights, and LGBTQ+ rights. She has donated money to schools, charities, and fans in need. She has also spoken out against racism, sexism, violence, and injustice.
Nicki Minaj is one of the most successful and influential female rappers in the world. She has a net worth of $150 million and has made a lot of money from her music, tours, endorsements, and investments. She has also had a prolific and diverse career as an actress, model, fashion designer, and businesswoman. She has also been a philanthropist and activist who supports various causes. She has a loyal fan base called the Barbz who adore her for her talent, style, and personality.
10 Most Asked Questions and Answers
- Q: What is Nicki Minaj’s real name?
- A: Her real name is Onika Tanya Maraj.
- Q: How old is Nicki Minaj?
- A: She is 40 years old as of 2023.
- Q: Where is Nicki Minaj from?
- A: She was born in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago and moved to Queens, New York when she was five years old.
- Q: Who is Nicki Minaj married to?
- A: She is married to Kenneth Petty since October 2019.
- Q: Does Nicki Minaj have any children?
- A: She has a son named Papa Bear who was born in October 2020.
- Q: What is Nicki Minaj’s net worth?
- A: She has a net worth of $150 million as of 2023.
- Q: How many albums has Nicki Minaj released?
- A: She has released four studio albums: Pink Friday (2010), Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (2012), The Pinkprint (2014), and Queen (2018).
- Q: What are some of Nicki Minaj’s most popular songs?
- A: Some of her most popular songs are Super Bass, Starships, Anaconda, Bang Bang (with Jessie J and Ariana Grande), Trollz (with 6ix9ine), and WAP (with Cardi B).
- Q: What are some of Nicki Minaj’s alter egos and personas?
- A: Some of her alter egos and personas are Roman Zolanski, Barbie, and The Harajuku Barbie.
- Q: What are some of Nicki Minaj’s awards and achievements?
- A: Some of her awards and achievements are being the first female artist to have seven songs on the Billboard Hot 100 at the same time, being the most-streamed female artist on Spotify, being the most-followed rapper on Instagram, and being the first female rapper to sell over 100 million records worldwide.