Todd Sampson is a Canadian-born Australian television personality and former CEO of the advertising agency Leo Burnett Australia. He is best known for his appearances on the ABC shows Gruen, Redesign My Brain and Todd Sampson’s Body Hack. He is also a board member of Fairfax Media and Qantas, and an adventurer who has climbed Mount Everest.
But how much does Todd Sampson earn from his various roles and ventures? What is his net worth in 2023? And what is his personal and educational background? In this article, we will explore these questions and more.
Todd Sampson Qantas Salary
One of the sources of Todd Sampson’s income is his role as a non-executive director of Qantas, the flag carrier airline of Australia. He joined the Qantas board in February 2015, after being appointed in November 2014.
According to the Qantas annual report for 2023, Todd Sampson received a total remuneration of $312,000 for his board position. This amount includes fees, superannuation contributions and other benefits.
This is a slight increase from his previous remuneration of $304,000 in 2022.
Todd Sampson is one of the nine directors of Qantas, along with chairman Richard Goyder, CEO Alan Joyce and other independent directors. The Qantas board oversees the strategic direction, governance and performance of the airline group, which includes Jetstar, QantasLink and Qantas Loyalty.
Todd Sampson Net Worth 2023
Another source of Todd Sampson’s income is his television career. He has written, produced and hosted several documentary series for ABC, Discovery International and Network Ten. Some of his popular shows are:
- Redesign My Brain (2013-2015), which won the AACTA Award for Best Documentary Television Program in 2014.
- Life on the Line (2017), which explored the science behind death-defying stunts.
- Todd Sampson’s Body Hack (2016-2020), which was nominated for Best Factual Series and Most Outstanding Documentary of the Year in 2017
- Outrageous Acts of Danger (2017), which tested the laws of physics in extreme situations.
Todd Sampson also co-hosts the marketing discussion program Gruen on ABC, along with Wil Anderson and Russel Howcroft. He sometimes appears as a panellist and guest host on The Project on Network Ten as well.
In addition, Todd Sampson acted a small part as Provost in the Oscar-nominated feature film Lion in 2016.
It is not clear how much Todd Sampson earns from his television work, as he has not disclosed his contracts or fees publicly. However, based on some estimates from online sources, his annual income from television could range from $500,000 to $1 million.
Therefore, combining his Qantas salary and his television income, Todd Sampson could earn between $812,000 and $1.312 million per year.
However, this does not account for his other sources of income, such as his investments, royalties, endorsements or speaking engagements. Todd Sampson is also a co-creator of the Earth Hour initiative, one of the largest environmental movements in history, which could generate some revenue for him as well.
Moreover, Todd Sampson has accumulated wealth from his previous career as an advertising executive. He was the CEO of Leo Burnett Australia from 2008 to 2015, and then the non-executive chairman until 2016. He resigned from Leo Burnett and left the advertising industry in December 2016.
As the CEO of Leo Burnett Australia, Todd Sampson was responsible for leading one of the most successful and creative agencies in the country. He won many awards and accolades for his work, including CEO of the Year twice by the Australian Financial Review .
It is not known how much Todd Sampson earned as the CEO of Leo Burnett Australia, but according to some reports, he could have made between $1 million and $2 million per year.
Therefore, adding up all his possible sources of income and wealth over the years, Todd Sampson’s net worth in 2023 could be estimated at around $14 million.
This is an impressive amount for someone who grew up in a poor government housing area in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. He left Cape Breton at age 16, completing his schooling at the Pearson United World College of the Pacific, to which he won a $ 30,000 scholarship. He then studied economics and biology at Queen’s University in Ontario, working as a college counselor to supplement his income. He applied for another international scholarship and went on to complete an M.B.A. at the University of Cape Town.
Todd Sampson Personal Life and Education
Todd Sampson is married to Neomie Sampson, whom he met 20 years ago and fell in love with. They have two daughters, Coco and Jet. They live in Sydney, Australia.
Todd Sampson is very close to his family and often shares photos and videos of them on his social media accounts. He also dedicates his awards and achievements to them.
For example, when he won the Television Personality of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in 2018, he said: “I dedicate this award to my wife Neomie who has supported me through all my crazy adventures and to my two beautiful daughters Coco and Jet who inspire me every day.”
Todd Sampson is also very adventurous and loves to challenge himself physically and mentally. He has climbed Mount Everest, walked on a tightrope between two buildings, lived with a nomadic tribe in Mongolia, trained with the French Foreign Legion in Africa, and more. He documents his experiences in his television shows and books.
Todd Sampson is also passionate about social and environmental issues. He is a co-creator of the Earth Hour initiative, which encourages people to switch off their lights for one hour every year to raise awareness about climate change. He is also a supporter of various charities and causes, such as UNICEF, WWF, The Fred Hollows Foundation, The Smith Family, The Wayside Chapel and more.
Todd Sampson is a remarkable person who has achieved success in multiple fields and domains. He is an inspiration for many people who want to pursue their dreams and passions.
In this article, we have explored Todd Sampson’s Qantas salary, net worth 2023, earning career, education and personal life. We have seen that Todd Sampson is a talented and versatile television personality, former advertising executive, board member of Fairfax Media and Qantas, adventurer, author and activist.
He earns between $812,000 and $1.312 million per year from his Qantas board position and his television work. His net worth in 2023 could be estimated at around $14 million.
He is married to Neomie Sampson and has two daughters, Coco and Jet. He lives in Sydney, Australia.
He has a remarkable personal and educational background, having grown up in a poor area in Canada and studied at prestigious universities with scholarships.
He is passionate about social and environmental issues and co-created the Earth Hour initiative.
He is an inspiration for many people who want to pursue their dreams and passions.
Most Asked Questions and Answer
Here are some of the most asked questions about Todd Sampson and their answers:
- Q: How old is Todd Sampson?
- A: Todd Sampson was born in 1970 in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. He is 52 or 53 years old as of 2022.
- Q: Who is Todd Sampson married to?
- A: Todd Sampson is married to Neomie Sampson, whom he met 20 years ago and fell in love with.
- Q: How many children does Todd Sampson have?
- A: Todd Sampson has two daughters, Coco and Jet.
- Q: What is Todd Sampson’s Qantas salary?
- A: Todd Sampson received a total remuneration of $312,000 for his board position at Qantas in 2023.
- Q: What is Todd Sampson’s net worth 2023?
- A: Todd Sampson’s net worth in 2023 could be estimated at around $14 million.
- Q: What are some of Todd Sampson’s television shows?
- A: Some of Todd Sampson’s television shows are Gruen , Redesign My Brain , Todd Sampson’s Body Hack , Life on the Line , Outrageous Acts of Danger , The Project , etc.
- Q: What are some of Todd Sampson’s awards and accolades?
- A: Some of Todd Sampson’s awards and accolades are AACTA Award for Best Documentary Television Program (2014), CEO of the Year by the Australian Financial Review (twice), Television Personality of the Year by GQ Men of the Year Awards (2018), etc.
- Q: What are some of Todd Sampson’s adventures?
- A: Some of Todd Sampson’s adventures are climbing Mount Everest , walking on a tight