Development Across the Lifespan 8th Edition by Robert S. Feldman Ph.D is a comprehensive guide to understanding human development from conception through late adulthood. This book provides an overview of topics related to physical, cognitive, and socio-emotional development across each stage of life, as well as information about key theories that drive our understanding of how humans grow and change over time. It also includes discussions of socialization and cultural influences on development, along with real-world examples from research studies and case studies that bring the material to life for students.
Additionally, it addresses issues often overlooked in other textbooks such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, substance abuse disorder among others. Development Across the Lifespan 8th Edition is an invaluable resource for any student studying developmental psychology or those interested in better understanding human growth across a lifetime.
Development Across the Lifespan 8th Edition by Robert S. Feldman Ph.D is an essential reference for any student or practitioner of human development. This comprehensive textbook provides a thorough overview of physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development across the lifespan in one easy-to-understand format. Each chapter is organized around key stages of life such as infancy, adolescence, and adulthood to ensure that readers gain a well rounded understanding of subjects like developmental psychology and child development theories.
With updated content on hot topics such as resilience and positive aging, this book offers an invaluable resource for anyone looking to deepen their knowledge base in this field.
Lecture 02 Chapter 1 Part 2 Introduction to Psychology
When was Development Across the Lifespan 8Th Edition Published?
Development Across the Lifespan 8th Edition was published in 2017.
The following key points summarize its publication:
• Published by Pearson Education, Inc.
• Authored by Robert S Feldman • Released on August 15th, 2017 • ISBN-13: 9780134515862
This edition of Development Across the Lifespan is an invaluable reference to students and professionals alike who seek a comprehensive understanding of how individuals develop throughout their lives.
What are the Key Controversies in Lifespan Development?
The key controversies in lifespan development revolve around:
* Nature vs. Nurture – the debate between biological determinism and environmental influence on human growth and behaviour;
* Critical Periods – whether or not there are specific points in time when exposure to certain experiences is most beneficial for development;
* Continuity vs. Discontinuity – how gradual or abrupt changes occur over the course of a person’s life; * Stability vs. Change – how much an individual’s personality remains consistent throughout life, versus how much it can be altered by experience and environment. These debates form the basis for discussing theories about lifespan development within psychology research, as well as its application to society at large.
What is Lifespan Development Psychology Summary?
Lifespan development psychology is a field of study that examines how people change and grow over time. It looks at the psychological, social, physical, intellectual, and emotional stages of life from infancy to old age.
– Focuses on changes in behavior throughout life span – Examines physical, cognitive, social & emotional developments – Covers from conception through late adulthood
– Utilizes scientific research methods including longitudinal studies & surveys In summary, lifespan development psychology is an interdisciplinary field that focuses on understanding how humans develop across their entire lifetime. It combines biological and environmental factors to examine how individuals grow and change both physically and mentally as they move through different stages of life.
What is Development Across the Life Span?
Development across the life span is the process of physical, cognitive and social-emotional growth that begins at birth and continues until death.
• Physical development: Growth in size, strength and motor skills
• Cognitive development: Thinking, problem solving and language abilities • Social-emotional development: Interacting with others, forming relationships and managing emotions. These three types of development are intertwined as they influence each other throughout our lifetime.
The Development Across the Lifespan 8th Edition by Robert S. Feldman Ph.D is an insightful and comprehensive resource that offers a wealth of information on physical, cognitive, and social development in humans throughout all stages of life. It provides detailed descriptions of key theories, research findings, and practical applications for each stage of development from infancy to old age. This book is an essential guide for those who are looking to gain a better understanding of human development across the lifespan, as well as those who want to apply this knowledge in their work or personal lives.
Ultimately, it serves as an invaluable resource for anyone interested in learning more about how people change over time and how these changes can be used for personal growth and improvement.