Are you a Bangladeshi student or official who wants to pursue higher education or professional training in India? Do you want to experience the rich and diverse culture of India and foster friendship and cooperation between the two countries? If yes, then you should apply for the Suborno Jayanti Scholarships (SJS), a special scheme of scholarships announced by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, during his visit to Bangladesh
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about the SJS, including its benefits, eligibility criteria, application process, and more.
What are the Suborno Jayanti Scholarships?
The SJS is a special scheme of scholarships that commemorate the 50th anniversary of Bangladesh’s independence and the historic Mujib Borsho. The scheme offers 1000 scholarships every year for students and officials of Bangladesh who wish to pursue higher education or professional training in India.
Out of these, 500 scholarships are under the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) for undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and 500 scholarships are under the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) for short-term courses in various fields.
The SJS is designed to attract the best and brightest talents from Bangladesh, by making these scholarships aspirational for the applicants and providing an important opportunity to promote synergies between India and Bangladesh under India’s New Education Policy.
What are the benefits of the Suborno Jayanti Scholarships?
The SJS cover tuition fees, living allowance, airfare, medical insurance and other benefits for the selected candidates. The candidates can choose from a wide range of courses and disciplines offered by accredited and reputed institutions in India. The candidates can also enjoy the cultural diversity and hospitality of India and participate in various activities and events organized by the ICCR and ITEC.
The SJS also provide a platform for academic and professional exchange and collaboration between the two countries. The candidates can network with their peers and mentors from India and other countries, and contribute to the development of their respective fields. The candidates can also become ambassadors of goodwill and friendship between India and Bangladesh.
Who are eligible for the Suborno Jayanti Scholarships?
The SJS are open to all Bangladeshi nationals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- For ICCR scholarships: The candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling or equivalent for undergraduate courses, or have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent for postgraduate courses. The candidates should also have a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grades in their qualifying examinations. The candidates should also meet the specific eligibility criteria of the university or institute they are applying to.
- For ITEC scholarships: The candidates should be working professionals in government or public sector organizations. The candidates should have a minimum of three years of work experience in their respective fields. The candidates should also meet the specific eligibility criteria of the course they are applying to.
How to apply for the Suborno Jayanti Scholarships?
The candidates can apply online through the SJS Dhaka website (https://www.sjsdhaka.gov.in/) where they can choose up to five universities or institutes from a list of accredited and reputed institutions in India. The admission process is directly handled by the respective universities or institutes through the A2A Scholarship Portal.
The candidates are required to write a 500-word essay in English to demonstrate their English proficiency and motivation for applying for the scholarship. They can also submit their TOEFL / IELTS or other standardized test scores, if available. The candidates should also obtain the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) equivalence certificate, if required by the university or institute they are applying to.
The candidates should submit all the required documents along with their online application form. The documents include:
- Passport size photograph
- Passport copy
- Birth certificate
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- Medical certificate
- Recommendation letters
- TOEFL / IELTS or other test scores (if available)
- AIU equivalence certificate (if required)
The candidates should ensure that they submit their applications before the deadline, which is 31 May 2023 for ICCR scholarships and 9 June 2023 for ITEC scholarships.
What are some tips for writing a good essay?
The essay is an important part of your application as it showcases your English proficiency, your interest in studying in India, and your suitability for the scholarship. Here are some tips for writing a good essay:
- Start with a catchy introduction that summarizes the main points and attracts the reader’s attention.
- Explain why you want to study in India and how it will benefit your academic and professional goals.
- Highlight your achievements, skills, and strengths that make you a suitable candidate for the scholarship.
- Mention the course and the university or institute you are applying to and how they match your interests and aspirations.
- Conclude with a summary of your main points and a call to action that expresses your enthusiasm and gratitude for the opportunity.
How to prepare for the Suborno Jayanti Scholarships?
If you are selected for the SJS, you should prepare yourself for the following steps:
- Accept the offer letter from the university or institute and confirm your acceptance on the SJS website.
- Apply for a student visa at the nearest Indian embassy or consulate with the required documents.
- Book your flight tickets and inform the ICCR or ITEC about your travel details.
- Pack your luggage and carry all the essential items such as passport, visa, offer letter, medical insurance, etc.
- Arrive in India and report to the ICCR or ITEC office or the university or institute as per the instructions.
- Attend the orientation program and get familiar with the campus, facilities, rules, and regulations.
- Start your classes and enjoy your learning experience in India.
The Suborno Jayanti Scholarships are a golden opportunity for Bangladeshi students and officials to pursue higher education or professional training in India. The scholarships offer various benefits, such as tuition fees, living allowance, airfare, medical insurance, and more. The scholarships also provide a platform for academic and professional exchange and collaboration between India and Bangladesh.
If you are interested in applying for the SJS, you should visit the SJS Dhaka website (https://www.sjsdhaka.gov.in/) and follow the application process. You should also write a good essay that showcases your English proficiency, your interest in studying in India, and your suitability for the scholarship.
Don’t miss this chance to enhance your knowledge and skills, experience the rich and diverse culture of India, and foster friendship and cooperation between the two countries. Apply for the Suborno Jayanti Scholarships today!